Cannabis is legal in Missouri with a valid medical marijuanacard. Patients are able to
obtain a physician’s certificate to possess and consume cannabis for a qualifying
GETTING YOUR MISSOURI MEDICAL MARIJUANA ID CARD
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is generally treated with prescription medications that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating, or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
Find a Medical Marijuana Physician
Depending on your location and condition, you may need to find a medical marijuana card clinic or physician to obtain a Signed Physician Certification Form. The following documents may be required to obtain physician’s certification for medical marijuana.
Documentation Often Needed
Once a Physician Certification Form is obtained, please complete the below checklist:
- Signed & completed Physician Certification. You will need to scan this or take a legible photo of it to be uploaded.
- Scan or snap a picture of State-issued ID or driver’s license – a legible photocopy
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- E-mail Address
- Proof of residency:
- Copy of Missouri driver’s license OR
- Utility Bill OR
- Missouri Identification card
- A clear photo of your face taken within the last three months (in front of a white
or light-colored background), similar to a passport photo
There is normally a fee associated with getting a cannabis card that varies dependent
Fees are subject to change and non-refundable
- If you are a parent or guardian applying for a patient*, you will also need a Consent Form. An official copy of a consent form is available here https://health.mo.gov/safety/medical-marijuana/pdf/sample-parental-legal-guardian.pdf.
- Complete the application process.
Note: If the qualifying patient is a minor, the parent or legal guardian will need to provide their name, SSN, Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form and will act as the primary caregiver for the patient.
Every state is different and may have new rules and protocols for receiving a medical marijuana card. It’s best to check in locally and figure out the best course of action in compliance with your state.