GETTING YOUR MISSOURI MEDICAL MARIJUANA ID CARD
MISSOURI QUALIFYING CONDITIONS
In order to become a patient with a Missouri Medical Marijuana ID Card, you must have one of the following conditions:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress order, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medications that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C,
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
Find a Medical Marijuana Physician or Clinic
A Missouri resident with a qualifying condition must find a medical marijuana card clinic, or physician, to obtain a Signed Physician Certification Form.
Patients have 30 days from the day of receiving certification to complete and submit a patient application on Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (Mo DHSS) website.
Assemble the Required Documentation
Once a Physician Certification Form is obtained, please complete below checklist:
- Signed & completed Physician Certification. You will need to scan this or take a legible photo of it to be uploaded.
- Scan or snap a picture of State-issued ID or driver’s license – a legible photocopy
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- E-mail Address
- Proof of residency:
- Copy of Missouri driver’s license OR
- Utility Bill OR
- Missouri Identification card
- A clear photo of your face taken within the last 3 months (in front of a white or light-colored background), similar to a passport photo
- Payment method for applicable fees, listed here:
|License Type||License Fees||Renewal|
|Additional Fee for Patient Cultivation||$102.30||$102.30|
|Primary Caregiver for a Qualified Patient||$25.58||$25.58|
Fees are subject to change and non-refundable
- If you are a parent or guardian applying for a patient*, you will also need a Consent Form. An official copy of a consent form is available here https://health.mo.gov/safety/medical-marijuana/pdf/sample-parental-legal-guardian.pdf.
- Complete the application process.
Note: If the qualifying patient is a minor the parent or legal guardian will need to provide their name, SSN, Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form and will act as the Primary Care Giver for the patient.
Waiting for Your ID Card
Once the application is submitted and fees are paid, DHSS has 30 days to approve or deny an application. Once approved, identification cards are valid for one year and you must renew your card before it expires by revisiting your physician and renewing the Physician Certification Form.
*Restrictions and requirements may change for those seeking home grow/cultivation ID cards. Please check DHSS website for further detail.
LOST OR STOLEN MEDICAL MARIJUANA ID CARDS
Have you lost your Missouri Medical Marijuana ID Card or was it stolen? You must notify the department within two (2) days from the day you realize.